Goooglenews

India lost Vikram and Pragyan on Moon ?

India lost Vikram and Pragyan on Moon ?

India lost Vikram and Pragyan on Moon ?
September 07
12:50 2019

It appears that the country has lost Vikram  lander and the Pragyan rover as both crash landed   on the he lunar surface which resulted in the sudden snapping of the communication link with the Chandrayaan-2 Orbiter on Saturday morning . Unanswered questions are  haunting tne ISRO scientists after embrassing moments early morning today in the presence of Prime Misister Modi .All was going well with the 1,471 kg Vikram that began its final journey ,descent on South Pole Of moon at about 1.38 a.m. on Saturday from an altitude of 30 km at a velocity of 1,680 metres per second. Announcing the snapping of communication links, Indian Space Research Organisation (ISRO) Chairman K. Sivan said that the performance of the lander was as per the plan till it was 2.1 km from the moon surface.

Subsequently on the screen at ISRO”s telemetry, tracking and command network (Istrac) centre it was seen that Vikram slightly changed from its planned path and then  screens vanished ,the communication link got snapped. According to an ISRO official, the lander could have lost its control when its thrusters were switched off during its descent and crash-landed snapping the communication links. Meanwhile all is not lost as far as the Rs 978 crore Chandrayaan-2 mission is concerned. “Only 5 per cent of the mission has been lost – Vikram the lander and Pragyan the rover .Remaining  95 per cent – that is the Chandrayaan-2 orbiter – is orbiting the moon successfully,” an ISRO official.With a mission life of one year, the Orbiter can take several pictures of the moon and send it to the ISRO.The Orbiter can also take pictures of the lander to know its status. The Chandrayaan-2 spacecraft comprised three segments – the Orbiter (weighing 2,379 kg, eight payloads), ”Vikram” (1,471 kg, four payloads) and ”Pragyan” (27 kg, two payloads).After five earth-bound orbit raising activities, Chandrayaan-2 was inserted into lunar orbit. On September 2, Vikram separated from the orbiter.Indian,oat 

About Author

goooglenews

goooglenews

Related Articles

0 Comments

No Comments Yet!

There are no comments at the moment, do you want to add one?

Write a comment

Write a Comment